Food processing is the procedure to alter the raw edible ingredients into marketable form of foodstuffs. Addition of chemical makes these concentrated stuffs to stay fresh for long time spans. Some of these processed forms can be served directly to the consumers while some need to be cooked before consuming. The Food Processing Plant In Kolkata often takes clean, harvested, slaughtered and butchered constituents to produce the healthy products. Food processing mainly takes into consideration three fields which are:-
- Preserving food by refrigeration, irradiation, canning, pickling, drying, salting, liquefaction, pasteurization, macerating, emulsification, and fermentation.
- Developing protein-rich food products.
- Food additives or essentials.
The food processing plans are supplemented with gigantic modern machineries to convert the big sized ingredients to smaller granules or powders or any other solid or liquid form. Every advanced machine works with efficiency and versatility. The products are sealed accurately in different sized packages. There are many advantages or benefits of processed food items. Some of these include:-
- Toxins present in the raw particles get removed during processing techniques.
- Processed foods are less prone to early spoilage than the fresh foods and are always a better option for transportation from source to consumer.
- Good quality processed edible products reduce the incidence of food borne diseases.
- The varied modern diet is possible to follow only with the use of these processed or transformed food products.
- Processed forms have freed from many cooking and preparing processes.
Get to know the work process of flour making.
During the flour milling process, different parts of wheat grain are used for making different types and qualities of flour. For example, white flour is made out of only the endosperm. The wholemeal type of flour uses all the parts of the grains which are the wheat germ, endosperm, and the bran layer. In some rural areas chakkis are the manually handles machines to transform the whole grains into fine flour. The Flour Mill In Kolkata use electricity and fossil fuels to spin the cast iron or heavy steel rollers to separate the germ and the bran from the endosperm. These separated endosperms are ground to bring out the white flour. The diverse types of flour can prove to equally nutritional and healthful. The white flour can also be recombined with the bran and germ to make the graham flour. The stone-ground type is preferred by many bakers because of the nutty flavour and texture. This type has proved to be much better than the steel-roller-milled type in terms of baking. Stoned-milled is also quite rich in thiamine. Different textures and qualities of this powdery edible product that is flour is suitable for different needs.