In the olden traditional days food was processed to maintain the constant supply of nourishing and nutritious food items at any time of the year especially for the hungry times.
A food processing plant is a unit or an establishment constructed for the food servicing purpose. The Food Processing Plant In Kolkata alters the fresh ingredients to the forms suitable for consumption with the help of advanced machineries. The plant seals and packages the food products and distributes those to the grocery shops or the other business entities or other food industries.
Basically, there are three fields covered during the processing and preparing times.
- · Supplementation of healthy food additives.
- Making protein-rich products.
- Preserving every edible product by canning, refrigeration, pickling, fermenting, etc.
These marketable food products can be even directly consumed without cooking. The addition of the preservatives, minerals, etc makes the products yummier than the fresh forms. Sometimes these can be added to a dish to enhance the taste of the recipe. For example, fresh tomato puree taste totally different as compared to the tomato ketchups.
There are more number of benefits of buying processed foods rather than paying for the fresh edibles.
- Preservation and processing can even prevents from growth of fungi, bacteria and other microorganisms on the food stuffs.
- Prevents from impeding the oxidation of fats which cause rancidity.
- Spoilage of food is reduced to a large extent.
Processing of food affects the nutritional density. The ingredients and the percentage of additives are all mentioned at the backside of the packages. All the additives may not be suitable for all health. For example, if sugar is supplemented as an additive then that particular product is not for the ones who have diabetics.
What are the performance parameters of food processing?
While designing the processes for the industry of food processing, the parameters mentioned below must be considered.
- · Energy efficiency measured by ‘ton’.
- Hygiene measured by the number of present micro-organisms in one ml of the product.
- Minimizing the amount of waste measured by the loss percentage of peeling.
- Number of labours included measured by the number of hours the labours are working.
Take a look at the factors and details of flour making.
Flour is a fine powdery form of grains like wheat, rice, maize or corn. Chapati or parathas which is a must in our daily diet is made out of flour. The grains are collected in tonnes and then some steps are carried out to bring out the best quality product. The manufacturing process followed by the Flour Mill in Kolkata includes:-
- Purifying the grains for the next processes.
- Grinding or crushing the grains.
- Processing and then sieving the flour to take out the fine powder.
Most of the people are unaware of the working processes of a flour mill or how the finest quality of flour is made. The factors which are considered while tagging the prices of the flour are the transportation costs, the manufacturing margin, stack price of wheat from which flour is made and the specific amount of proteins.
Three different wheat varieties are used to grind into flour which are the hard red spring wheat, hard red winter wheat, soft red winter wheat.
These varieties are used to make different food preparations. For example for pasta making spring wheat is used, for cakes or crackers soft wheat is preferred basically and for bread sort of edibles tha hard variety is chosen.